Buy smarter with real time procurement.
Most multi-site organizations struggle with scope and data complexity when tendering the energy spend category. Typical constraints imposed by manual tendering processes include:
- Going to market when the contract expires rather than when the market conditions are favorable
- Contracting for the long term even if not optimal, contracting with a single national supplier
- Only inviting a select few national suppliers to tender
- Taking weeks to get the data ready to run a competitive tender
…advanced sourcing capabilities have enabled enterprises to identify on average an incremental level of savings of 12% above standard price-driven e-sourcing events.*
Alternative sourcing approaches.
BidEnergy facilitates two approaches to energy sourcing:
Agile sourcing uses wholesale market prices to drive RFP timing. Ideal for large energy users, Agile Sourcing reduces supplier price influence. Agile’s rapid delivery relies on being data-ready and on-demand RFP release.
Scheduled Sourcing uses contract expiry or customer timelines to drive RFP timing. Ideal for multi-site small box customers where wholesale markets influence prices less. Schedules Sourcing allows the collection of RFP as part of the go-to-market process.
- Track relevant market price indices and set automatic triggers to optimize market timing
- Minimize lead time as energy usage data is always ready
- Maximize competition as all suppliers are invited to respond to an online RFP followed by our unique combinatorial auction
- Rapidly settle contracts online to minimize supplier validity period